Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ancestor Wall

There's an odd little hallway in our new place that I wanted to fill with pictures of family and friends so the RozeBud can get to know his place in our history. I wanted to have a uniform look and not make it too cacophonous, so I decided to do an entirely black and white wall. I used old b/w photos and desaturated the newer ones, and then collected whatever black and white or silver frames I had around the house and got the rest on clearance at Target for around $3 to $8 each.  Here's the result:
It looks great!  We used these handy picture hanging strips so we could easily remove and update the photos as I get newer and better ones of our loved ones. We plan on it being a living wall so we hope to change them out quite often, especially since ordering prints from iPhoto is so cheap.  I think the whole project, including the strips, the photo prints, and the frames came to about $80.  Not bad!

1 comment:

  1. That one over there, yeah, just over in that one spot, is just a smidgin off. Just kidding. It looks great! It's reminding me that I have to redo Allistair's little photo wall collage: We had recent snapshots of all the people and a lot of the things in his life just pasted up on a sheet of paper on the wall. New friend? New photo. Trip to the zoo? Gorilla photo. He loved it! And I need to redo it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete