My oh my, the time is moving swiftly. August was fast and strange, as Augusts often are.
The gallery of pictures from August is here. This little guy just blossoms day by day. He continues to astound us with his words and his signs! We have been showing him
Baby Signing Time and he LOVES IT. His vocabulary has expanded tremendously and he is very able to express himself using signs along with speaking a word, which makes things very helpful and clear when he's trying to tell me something. And wow, does he have a lot to say. It's amazing to get a window into his world.
 |
| 14 Month Birthday |
 |
| Loving his tractor ride at Underwood Farm |
We went to a farm this month and he had a wonderful time riding the tractor and seeing animals and eating warm, fresh strawberries we picked ourselves.
 |
| Discussing philosophy |
Coxsackie! Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease! HERPANGINA! Doesn't that sound delicious? Those have been the keywords the last two weeks. Sebastian managed to get Herpangina from someone in his playgroup, which made for a very sad week where he had a high fever and pox all over his body and in his mouth so he was unable to eat without crying. He is now doing much better and managed to pass it on over to me, which is super fun. But I'm getting through it, and I at least have a better idea of what he was going through, poor guy.
 |
| My little buddy |
It is already one whole year ago that we spent the month in Albuquerque with our little newborn. One whole year ago that David went back to work and I have been home with him, being a stay-at-home mom (WHAAAT?? WHAT? Is that what I am? Never in a million years would I have predicted that one). I don't know how that year passed so quickly, and now I have this tall boy walking by my side. I can't wait to see where this path takes us next, little friend.
Ahh, love the pictures! Especially the "philosophy" one. :D He is a sweetie! Sorry he (and you!) got sick. That is never, ever fun. Glad he is feeling better and hope you continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
Just love that smile!! Oh, yes, start that boy talking now, and he'll be a talker all his life!! Philosophy today, World History tomorrow, and who knows what the day after that. Rebecca finished reading a book not long ago and told me to hurry up and read it so we could discuss it!! See what you have to look forward to when you start them discussing things early. So very glad you are blessed to be home with him all this time as I know you are enjoying it (even if it wasn't what you expected for yourself - I can totally relate to that one, and I wouldn't change it for the world.) Hugs to you all!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, you ladies, I love you.
ReplyDelete